Saving Money on Business Travel
Some time back, it was very easy for majority of businesses to afford spending thousands of dollars on world class conferences, luxury hotel rooms, unlimited business dinners, and first class airline travel for their executives. However, in the present scenario of unstable global economies, every business tries to focus on cutting down costs as far as possible. A lot of money is usually spent on business travel and companies usually find it difficult to reduce this cost.
But, there are numerous ways in which any company can save large amounts of money on business travel. Here are a few tips and guidelines to do so.
• The idea of booking a first class airline ticket for every executive that goes on an official trip can be dropped.
• Popular services like Orbitz and Travelocity can help the corporate executives find dirt cheap airline tickets for a two-way journey. Round trips are usually offered at discounted rates and must be given preference to reduce unnecessary expenditure on business travel. These services usually offer great discounts and incentives to corporate houses if availed for a longer period of time.
• Using a corporate flight account or a corporate credit card to book tickets for business travel can help you earn points, which can later be redeemed to get attractive discounts, free travel opportunities, holiday packages, etc.
• Hiring chauffeur-driven limousines or a shuttle bus at the destination for a group of 4-5 executives can be much more cost-effective than renting a cab or a car for every single individual.
• Similarly, year-long tie-ups of companies with hotels located at most frequented destinations can help save a lot on hotel stays and food during a business trip.
Kum Martin is an online leading expert in the traveling industry. He also offers top quality articles like:
Activities In Alaska, Firework in California
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kum_Martin